Saturday, October 24, 2015

Adele's "Hello"

Yesterday Adele released her new single, Hello, from the album #25 which is out at November, 20. After 4 years waiting, finally, She’s back! At first I’m lil bit sceptical that she won’t be able to repeat the success of #21 album (2011). But nope, she’s done it again! My heart wrenching when I listened the intro, same reaction when heard “someone like you” for the first time. Then seeing her face its like longing your best friend, LOL. 
 
The song itself is emotional, heartbreaking, brutally honest and intimate. I feel her music is more mature now. The lyric, her voice, the music. And that piano melody, gosh!, still haunted me until now. Why she always start her song by this melancholic tunes from piano? Anyway, at first I feel that Adele still talking about her past. But in a different way. You know, after you had recover from a bad breakup, and suddenly you’re having nostalgic moment. You’re still have a string that always attached you from the past. And its not sign that you’re still haven’t gotten over your past but because that person changed you a lot. You will always had your scar. 

But is it about her past?

After hearing several times and reading her statement about #25 album, it seems that Hello is about Adele reconnecting with herself. She released her statement about this new album. She said that:
My last record was a break-up record and if I had to label this one I would call it a make-up record. I’m making up with myself. Making up for lost time. Making up for everything I ever did and never did.

I hope this album will tell us about her new journey after-that-bad-break-up. The back and forth. Her new relationship. Her new life.

Hello, Its good to hear you again, Adele. 

No comments:

Post a Comment